Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Jess Chapman Post 1
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Garden of Eden- prompt #1
Jess chapman
Mrs. Wilhelmus
AP English
7/30/13
Thinking Outside the Box
Prompt #1
The book, "Sophie's World", has inspired me in many different ways. I started to read
the first chapter, not fully understanding it. The more and more I read it the easier it was to read. It
got me thinking about myself. It also encouraged me to think deeper into and about everything.
Reading, "The Garden of Eden", helped me to think outside the box of who I really am
and why I am here today. Everyone has a reason to live, but I never thought of what my reason was.
Thinking of who I really am, I thought to myself, I am Jessica Lynn Chapman. I am one of a kind
and no one else is like me. I was born November 1,1996. I will be seventeen and a junior this year at
North High school. I am very athletic, playing softball and volleyball for North and running on my
own. I realized last year that I would love to play volleyball in college, because I am very passionate
about it, so I work harder and harder everyday. I have a fantastic life, living with my two little
brothers and my mother and father. I am loved very much by my friends and family. I am a christian
and I am very faithful in my relationship with God. It makes my religious life easier, since I grew up
in a christian environment, with my mother and father, John and Jodie Chapman. I could not ask for a
better life than I have now.
There are many answers to the question "Where does the world come from?",
depending on the person you ask. Many people believe in the "Big Bang Theory". I believe that
theory is just a myth. My thoughts on where the world came from is that it came from God. I grew
and believing and still believe that God created the world. It is hard to wrap your thoughts around this
belief, but if you truly believe in God then it makes it easier to believe, God made the world and
everything inside it.
Thinking long and hard about these questions, I finally found my answers. "Sophie's
World" helped me think more in depth about would I really am and where the world came from. It
inspired me to look beyond the picture and study these question more. This chapter was very
interesting and encouraging to me. It showed me that it is fun and important to think about things
before you do it and why things truly exist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment